8.10.2008

Finished!


Jiroken's Sketch # 2 Challenge
"Sesame Sweetie"

I finished this layout just today and I must say that even if I wasn't able to enter it to the challenge (too late already, lah) I feel good about how it turned out (considering I had several title changes). I'm not sure, as well, if it would have fitted the challenge mechanics as the title is supposed to be diagonal.

On a side note, I was able to send my entry to Scrappin Kids challenge since I'd already done a "water"-based layout some time before ("Baby Bath Bubbles"). I've never entered it into any challenge, so that was a stroke of luck. I'm just a bit concerned that the pictures were of Jillian after her bath so there really isn't any "water" in the photos. Hmm...

Because of the extra time, I got to make a few simple cards. I'm hoping I'll develop more skill to do a better job but for now these have made me pretty happy.

1. For Amy's little boy:

2. For Amy:

I better check out some of the good sites for card sketches as I'd like to try my hand on making more of 'em.

On a sad note, I don't think I'll be able to enter Laine's August challenge because I don't have any word stamps (or inks for that matter). Guess I'll start on HMITM's Challenge # 86 which is quite a challenge:

Use 33 pieces of patterned paper
Use 8 buttons and 4 tags
Use your own writing

Uggh, I hate my handwriting...

3 comments:

salme said...

Love your take on Jironken's sketch!

Benga said...

great take on the sketch, prettty bunch of flowers! sayang you didn't made it to the deadline, but it's rewarding to finish a page dba :)

goodluck on the other challenges!

jakey said...

Oh I just love your work, that layout about tippy toes is adorable!