8.09.2008

Happenings...

For starters, the Beijing Olympics started yesterday and I got to watch the opening ceremonies in the hospital. Not because of anything bad, on the contrary, a couple of friends and I went to Mt. Alvernia to visit our good friend A who's 7 months pregnant and who needed to give birth.

So here's wishing our new mommy A a swift recovery and good days ahead! And a very warm welcome to Alexander Julius Dempsey! Coincidentally born on Singapore's 43rd Birthday! What a happy start to the day...

And 3 other things which have added to my happiness:

1. My finished LO for the Scrappersatsg challenge:

Scrappersatsg Challenge # 21
"Sleeping"

I technically used 6 craft-related stuff for this LO: 1. Decorative scissors (pink trimming at the bottom) 2. One-hole puncher (pink notebook peeling strip at the lower right) 3. Making Memories hole punch 4. MM universal eyelet setter 5. MM Hammer (swirls on the upper right, framing the flowers) and 6. Craft Robo die-cutter (pink flowers).

2. A card (second item of my "goal list" done!)

Scrappersatsg Challenge # 21
"Thank You" (3 x 4 folded card)

For this card, I used 5 craft items: 1. One-hole puncher (pink notebook peeling strip at the bottom) 2. Making Memories hole punch 3. MM universal eyelet setter 4. MM Hammer (swirls on the upper right, framing the flowers) and 5. Revo die-cutter (white swirl), thanks to cute#1!

3. $20 gift hamper from Laines! (Thanks Marix, for voting for me!)

I also entered my fave LO - "Doggy & Me" to {Create}'s August challenge (Animal Love). So apt!

Well, those are the latest "happenings" in my life. After my cutover this morning I'm raring to finish the last 2 goals on my list. So sorry that I didn't make it to Michelle's challenge but I'm still going to make an LO based on her sketch! As well as try to make 3 more LOs (for HMITM, Scrappin Kids and Laines). Good Luck to me!

No comments: