2.14.2009

The Love Challenge

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
Oh no! It is an ever-fixed mark
that looks on tempests and is never shaken!"

William Shakespeare

8 minutes past the hour of 1 on Valentine's day and here I am, sitting in bed uploading photos of my latest layouts with dear ol' hubby clicking away (slowly) on his mini notebook. Yep, we're two very romantic souls. =P



Scrappersatsg "Love Challenge"
"Diva"

Let's see... my Blogversary came and went, and I have been scrapping for almost a year and a half now, and I discovered something funny. I'm unable to scrap without using store-bought materials.

So for the latest challenge at Scrappersatsg, where we're supposed to use old-fashioned art supplies and re-used materials (none of which can be store-bought or scrap-related), I actually used magazine clippings from none other than - yes! - a scrapbook magazine.

Aren't I devious?

What's more, the base material is acetate so I was able to "create" two alternate versions of the same layout. The background for both these versions are the backs of magazines which I didn't cut out! Such a cheat!

To prove it, here are the magazine pages where I got the "embellishments":



As much as it pained me to cut them, I really had no choice.. And besides, the backs of these pages mostly didn't contain any layouts.

You gotta admit though, in these times of financial unbalance, it pays to be thrifty. =D

1 comment:

Benga said...

wow! galing tlga! hanep sa cutting and choice of embellies, i like both but the red one really caught my eye!